Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Journaling Hints For Beginners


The art of journalling can be found all around the world. Since the dawn of time, people have been using cave drawings and scrolls to record their life stories. It is something I've asked my parents to participate in and I have really enjoyed reading about their lives when they have. We may think our lives are insanely boring but not only is it actually enjoyable for our family to read one day, it is also extremely beneficial for ourselves.

Even millionaires use journaling as a key to success, but why is journaling so beneficial?


Getting your thoughts down on paper and out of your head is so important for our emotional, spiritual and mental wellbeing. It allows for all the mental clutter to be cleared and improves overall focus. There is a real and tangible feeling of peace and clarity that comes after you’ve given your thoughts a voice and let them go. Once you have them out of your head you will know if they are thoughts and ideas you want to expand and run with, or ones you would prefer to let go and move on from.
A great, easy way to start journaling is by using journaling prompts. These are designed to inspire you to take action, give you some clarity on a situation or feeling, or help you learn something new about yourself.



Journalling is valuable because it is something you are doing just for yourself.


Below are some suggested journal prompts to get you started:

Three things I value about myself are…

Five things I am grateful for today…

I am craving…

I feel like myself when…

I need more…

Something I did today to move me closer to my dreams is…

I feel good/bad about myself when I…

My intuition speaks to me by…

If I eat when I'm not physically hungry it's because…

If I was given $50,000 I would spend it on…

I’ve been putting off...

I would love to get more support with...



Journaling is a powerful way to reflect on life and become more self -aware. I have found that once people start journalling regularly, it is the solid foundation that they can begin to build a nurturing routine around.

Please reach out if you have any further questions or would like more support.

Lisa x

No comments: